well, here am I, my first entry, and all I can think to enter is: "I'm writing this surreptitiously at work." By work I mean this place, and by this place, I mean DME Entertainment. Don't worry, you haven't heard of it, but suffice it to say, I make all the bad things you lookit on your tv screen and scream through your Cheeto-filled mouth, "Why in the fuck do they make this shit?!?" before farting and continuing to watch.
I've been writing for television - and writing is so loosely used here that I might as well use any other verb...bowling...there, bowling for television for roundabout 6 years. This is my first job at this place. It's very nice here. I sit in the "bullpen" with my back to my bosses' desk, so he's probably looking at me doing this over my shoulder. People are at the moment yelling about still photos of sexy young Hollywood people and if they have them. I'm supposedly writing/producing "5 Things You Didn't Know". It's a show about Janet Jackson (gack) and Ashton Kutcher(Jeeeezus...). Actually, I retract that statement. It's not a show. It isn't even a pilot, which is the show that networks shoot one of and see how it does (Uma Thruman explains it eloquently in "Pulp Fiction"). Nope, this is a "demo", which is a presentation we'll show to VH1 to let them decide if they want to shoot a pilot which will help them decide if they want a series. I shan't re-read this post as I believe it's horribly depressing and futile.
I've been writing for television - and writing is so loosely used here that I might as well use any other verb...bowling...there, bowling for television for roundabout 6 years. This is my first job at this place. It's very nice here. I sit in the "bullpen" with my back to my bosses' desk, so he's probably looking at me doing this over my shoulder. People are at the moment yelling about still photos of sexy young Hollywood people and if they have them. I'm supposedly writing/producing "5 Things You Didn't Know". It's a show about Janet Jackson (gack) and Ashton Kutcher(Jeeeezus...). Actually, I retract that statement. It's not a show. It isn't even a pilot, which is the show that networks shoot one of and see how it does (Uma Thruman explains it eloquently in "Pulp Fiction"). Nope, this is a "demo", which is a presentation we'll show to VH1 to let them decide if they want to shoot a pilot which will help them decide if they want a series. I shan't re-read this post as I believe it's horribly depressing and futile.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home