We watched the Striptease with special sarcastic commentary last night and laughed our asses off. I highlyhighly recommend it for more than a few chuckles. Of course, we burned the midnight oil which, for us, is the hour before midnight oil and today I'm dragging. Had a great 4 miler this morning which has put a little pep in my step. My heart rate is lower and my pace is faster, so the speed training is kicking ass!
Tonight I head to the I.P.S.B. open house - it's a massage school in Culver City that I'm thinking of attending during the summer. I just need a change, I need to learn something. Jesus, it's been forever since I learned anything applicable outside of an edit bay, and that, amigos, is teh sad. Anyhoward....
Big year at the McGarry house. I remember either looking out the front door or the front window one night the summer of the prior year and wishing on a star for a brother or sister. Lo and behold, March 27th of '77, we all met Renee Alana McGarry for the 1st time. The morning of her birth, my grandmother (yep, there she is again) was babysitting me while my mom was in labor, and she woke me up by saying, "It's a girl!". Naturally, I was half-asleep and had no idea what she was talking about, but as it slowly sunk in, I got all excited and shiat. I mean, finally: Someone to punch!
My Dad and I picked them up at night, I think, from the hospital, and my Mom says that I leaned over the front seat the entire car ride staring at her. A few nights in her new home, I decided it was time for me to pick her up, so I snatched her from her crib in the living room and held her for the first time. My Mom walked in - keep in mind I'm not quite 7 years old yet - and calmly said, "Oh! Look at you!". She then convinced me that maybe we could "both hold her".
Most of this year revolved around my baby sis, which was cool, because I had a new obsession that kept me far away from any human contact. It begins like this:
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
I just about crapped myself when my Dad and I saw Star Wars for the first time, and I say the "first time' because I dragged them both to see it three times before the refusals started pouring in. I mean, HAN SOLO WAS SO GODDAMNED COOL, and PRINCESS LEIA WAS SO FUCKING PRETTY, and DARTH VADER WAS SO FUCKING EVIL, and C3PO WAS SO GOD DAMNED GAY. My Grandfather had special ordered action figures for me that I'd received prior to the movie's release: Luke, Han, a storm trooper, Darth Vader, Chewie, Obi Wan, 3PO, and R2D2. I had no idea who any of these characters were, but the buildup was so intense and ingenius of Lucas....
Sorry. I'm getting emotional. I think I'll head to starwars.com...
Tonight I head to the I.P.S.B. open house - it's a massage school in Culver City that I'm thinking of attending during the summer. I just need a change, I need to learn something. Jesus, it's been forever since I learned anything applicable outside of an edit bay, and that, amigos, is teh sad. Anyhoward....
Big year at the McGarry house. I remember either looking out the front door or the front window one night the summer of the prior year and wishing on a star for a brother or sister. Lo and behold, March 27th of '77, we all met Renee Alana McGarry for the 1st time. The morning of her birth, my grandmother (yep, there she is again) was babysitting me while my mom was in labor, and she woke me up by saying, "It's a girl!". Naturally, I was half-asleep and had no idea what she was talking about, but as it slowly sunk in, I got all excited and shiat. I mean, finally: Someone to punch!
My Dad and I picked them up at night, I think, from the hospital, and my Mom says that I leaned over the front seat the entire car ride staring at her. A few nights in her new home, I decided it was time for me to pick her up, so I snatched her from her crib in the living room and held her for the first time. My Mom walked in - keep in mind I'm not quite 7 years old yet - and calmly said, "Oh! Look at you!". She then convinced me that maybe we could "both hold her".
Most of this year revolved around my baby sis, which was cool, because I had a new obsession that kept me far away from any human contact. It begins like this:
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
I just about crapped myself when my Dad and I saw Star Wars for the first time, and I say the "first time' because I dragged them both to see it three times before the refusals started pouring in. I mean, HAN SOLO WAS SO GODDAMNED COOL, and PRINCESS LEIA WAS SO FUCKING PRETTY, and DARTH VADER WAS SO FUCKING EVIL, and C3PO WAS SO GOD DAMNED GAY. My Grandfather had special ordered action figures for me that I'd received prior to the movie's release: Luke, Han, a storm trooper, Darth Vader, Chewie, Obi Wan, 3PO, and R2D2. I had no idea who any of these characters were, but the buildup was so intense and ingenius of Lucas....
Sorry. I'm getting emotional. I think I'll head to starwars.com...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home