Blah Blah Blog

inane ramblings in order to discover something...or just kill time

Thursday, August 11, 2005

On my run through Burbank this morning, a rather unseasonably crisp start to an August, San Fernando Valley day, I was cruising back from my turn-around point, passing through a stretch of Magnolia lined with adorable little storefronts. A 20 year old-ish kid on a bike passed me, reached the intersection ahead, and WHAM! Got smacked by a car. He managed to swerve around the bumper enough to avoid serious damage to his leg, but he done got hit but good.

I stopped, made sure he and the octogenerarian behind the wheel exchanged numbers, told him to go to the ER (knowing fully that he wouldn't), and expressed to him the importance of at least icing it all day and staying off his foot.

Now, I might come across like a complete douchebag here, but honestly: If you're old enough to remember when there weren't cars, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DRIVING ONE. The woman had NO CLUE about how in the wrong she was, and actually started to tell the kid that it was his fault. When I pointed out that she hit him, not the other way around, it seemed to sink in.

I have seen 4 people get nailed by cars while living in LA, one in Chicago. The moral of the story here?

If you see me coming, wait to cross the street.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home