Blah Blah Blog

inane ramblings in order to discover something...or just kill time

Thursday, December 02, 2004

I love morning runs this time of year: Crisp, clear air, the warm sun slicing through the chill warming my face, the slap slap slap of my Nikes on the hardened asphalt, and most of all, the weird looks I get from motorists that scream, "What in theee hell is wrong with you?"

I feel like a superhero in my winter running clothes - the tights, gloves, fleece hat, and reflective shoes - and there is *something* "heroic" (I admit to being slightly hyperbolic there) about non-race running. Just you versus yourself. It's not as though you're being chased and have to make a mad dash to save your ass, you aren't trying to beat some exterior force; the scenario is you, your thoughts, and the road. I guess that's why it's difficult to imagine ever not doing a solo sport in some capacity.

My allergies are killin' me here. My right nostril is stuffy, my right eye is tearing, and my right gland in my throat keeps going up and down. It beats the hell out of my two office mates' situations. Both of them are home sick. Not "homesick", mind ye. Although that is entirely possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home