Blah Blah Blog

inane ramblings in order to discover something...or just kill time

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Not that each and every post from now on will be about my impending death possible mini-stroke, but an update:

I visited my doctor yesterday for a followup, and the first words from his mouth were, "Boy, hospitals SUCK, don't they?"

Need I mention that this guy rocks?

"Inconclusive". That's the word that describes the results of the myriad of tests run on me earlier in the week. He can't figure out what the hell happened, although he does know that something happened, so they drew some more blood (yes, I had a few drops left) and I go back in 2 weeks for yet another followup. My vitamin B12 count is really low, and he doesn't know why, so I'm a little mystery to him, which for someone with a science-based mind, must be an exciting thing.

He told me to live my life as I was prior to the hospitalization, which cracks me up. I asked, "No dietary changes? Can I exercise like I was before?" etc, etc, and he chuckled and said, "Of course! Exercise away. If you want to alter your diet, go ahead." I always second-guess what a doc would say. In my head driving over, I thought he fo' sho' would say, "Ease back on the exercise - don't push it. And here's a list of things to avoid ingesting." Nope. Don't they always do that though?

It's a beautiful cool, overcast, rainy L.A. day today. In a few minutes, I'm heading out to buy our composter at Griffith Park. Yes, we *heart* rotting food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home