Hi there.
I hope you're all well and alive and happy. Jesus Christ, the events of the New Orleans hurricane/levee break/holy fucking shit what's going on?!!? really have me on edge. As much as disasters like this shake the foundation of comfort we all have, it's truly touching to see humanity at work and how people strive to assist others. My sincerest thoughts are with everyone affected by this insanity.
I napped today. I usually have an incredibly hard time napping, but following my run this morning, I returned home, showered, and felt tired as fuck, probably an affect of the race and my body trying to right itself. I hung out in our studio and watched an episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force on loan from my pal Rob. I chuckled a few times and then awoke an hour and a half later, drool all over my chin.
Not to harange too much on trail running, but I have unearthed THE ONE: The Calico trail run, 50k race. It'll be my first ultramarathon, that is to say, 31 miles of trails in the California desert, 140 miles outside of LA, in January. This will be my next step towards my insane what-were-you-thinking-dumbass? 100 mile race goal. Unfortunately, I was offered the opportunity to TA a massage class at IPSB from September - December, and the training for this would conflict with that, so I had to nix my TA position until next session. I may even have to sacrifice my Thai 1 massage class and wait on that until next session too, but it's worth it. I'm on a roll here, people, a roll that might send me to an early grave, but how cool to be buried near a desert ghost town in your running shorts? Gun slingers put in the ground beside running geeks? How very poetic.
I hope you're all well and alive and happy. Jesus Christ, the events of the New Orleans hurricane/levee break/holy fucking shit what's going on?!!? really have me on edge. As much as disasters like this shake the foundation of comfort we all have, it's truly touching to see humanity at work and how people strive to assist others. My sincerest thoughts are with everyone affected by this insanity.
I napped today. I usually have an incredibly hard time napping, but following my run this morning, I returned home, showered, and felt tired as fuck, probably an affect of the race and my body trying to right itself. I hung out in our studio and watched an episode of Aqua Teen Hunger Force on loan from my pal Rob. I chuckled a few times and then awoke an hour and a half later, drool all over my chin.
Not to harange too much on trail running, but I have unearthed THE ONE: The Calico trail run, 50k race. It'll be my first ultramarathon, that is to say, 31 miles of trails in the California desert, 140 miles outside of LA, in January. This will be my next step towards my insane what-were-you-thinking-dumbass? 100 mile race goal. Unfortunately, I was offered the opportunity to TA a massage class at IPSB from September - December, and the training for this would conflict with that, so I had to nix my TA position until next session. I may even have to sacrifice my Thai 1 massage class and wait on that until next session too, but it's worth it. I'm on a roll here, people, a roll that might send me to an early grave, but how cool to be buried near a desert ghost town in your running shorts? Gun slingers put in the ground beside running geeks? How very poetic.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home