We did it. As a married couple of 10 years, Dara and I have made the single, most important decision of our lives together.
We have purchased windows.
Oh, it only took 2 different companies and about, erm, 4 hours 'twixt the 2 of them, but it's gonna happen. There will be fresh, double-paned, 1/8" thick, vinyl bordered plates of glass on our abode within 8 weeks.
I'd love to type "oh, we're SO ADULT" here, or something, in a sarcastic response to our decision and it's banality, but...well, I'm actually somewhat happy about it.
That, and we're getting a new gate next week too.
Jesus, has it come to this?
Duncan has new tumors - did I mention? I took him to the holistic vet today, and she (a LOVELY woman by the way) took aspirate samples and will have results in a week, but I think....well....I think our brave boy is facing his final battle. Like when you reach the "boss" level of a video game, this little bastard, he's weathered so much shit, this is...the final smackdown. He's led a helluva life so far, and beaten SO MUCH, but in my heart, I know and accept that this might be his Waterloo.
So, we've decided to accept and go with it and, until he's no longer comfortable and happy, to enjoy every passing second with our wee, fuzzy friend of 14 years.
It's still incredibly sad though.
We have purchased windows.
Oh, it only took 2 different companies and about, erm, 4 hours 'twixt the 2 of them, but it's gonna happen. There will be fresh, double-paned, 1/8" thick, vinyl bordered plates of glass on our abode within 8 weeks.
I'd love to type "oh, we're SO ADULT" here, or something, in a sarcastic response to our decision and it's banality, but...well, I'm actually somewhat happy about it.
That, and we're getting a new gate next week too.
Jesus, has it come to this?
Duncan has new tumors - did I mention? I took him to the holistic vet today, and she (a LOVELY woman by the way) took aspirate samples and will have results in a week, but I think....well....I think our brave boy is facing his final battle. Like when you reach the "boss" level of a video game, this little bastard, he's weathered so much shit, this is...the final smackdown. He's led a helluva life so far, and beaten SO MUCH, but in my heart, I know and accept that this might be his Waterloo.
So, we've decided to accept and go with it and, until he's no longer comfortable and happy, to enjoy every passing second with our wee, fuzzy friend of 14 years.
It's still incredibly sad though.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home