Blah Blah Blog

inane ramblings in order to discover something...or just kill time

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

As you already have heard me go on and on and on and on about, I'm ass-deep in training for my 50k race in January, and I tells ya, I fucking eat all of the time. Last week was a 40 mile week, this week 44 miles, next week is an "off week" (only 36 miles) and then I start hitting 50+/week for a stretch, and I must confess: I'm concerned that the Earth's food supply may not be enough.

Figure this: Your body burns roughly 100 calories per running mile. I'm running 50 miles in a week. Okay, that's simple math, right? 5,000 calories in a week I burn off. But this is the problem: Your body needs 2000-3000 calories in a day to keep fueled. This means I'm burning off 2 days worth of food in a week, and it's showing. I have sudden hunger pangs in really inopportune places, like Home Depot, for one (the hot dog cart guy outside has gotten to know me all too well) and I've taken to carrying a ham around in my pants for food reserves.

Wanna sandwich?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home