Blah Blah Blog

inane ramblings in order to discover something...or just kill time

Monday, December 18, 2006

I am officially an old man:

I now wear "comfortable shoes" because, well, not because they look fashionable, but because they are "comfortable shoes".

They're slightly cheaper versions of the trail shoes that I run in, so, in all fairness, they are "sporty", but my feet have swollen so much from my increased running mileage, I need - nay, DEMAND - flexible, padded footwear.

I guess the moment I felt slightly more aged (qualifier: pronounce the "ed" at the end of that word, please) was when I casually kicked off my "hip" Chuck Taylors at Sport Chalet, strapped on the Asics Gel trail runners and uttered the words, "Oooh, these are comfy!" to no one in particular.

Also, I am beginning to brag about how much/hard I slept.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger McKitty said…

    Congrats on your new comfy shoes. You must have been praying to St. Hubbins.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home