I am PSYCHED. The results from the 25k I ran last weekend are posted here, and I placed 112 out of 236! Crikey, that's the top 1/2 of the pack! So upon reading this, I did a fancy little jig, knocked over the little voice in my head saying, "You almost did really good: Breaking the top 100. You missed it by 5 minutes" and got really revved for the 50k at Calico.
I'm attaching a link that takes you to the race photo they snapped about 5 minutes from the finish line. I probably won't be forking over the dough for it, and there's a good chance the link will disappear in due time, but click right here, yo to witness the face of true exhaustion and elation at the sighting of the finish chutes. The perspective makes it look like I'm walking, but believe me, somehow, from somewhere, when I figured out that I was so close to the finish, I put on full thrusters and was clipping along. Admittedly too, when I saw the race photographer, I dug deep to get a shot of me in full-out racing mode. Naturally, this was thwarted by his camera's perspective. DAMN YOU 3rd DIMENSION!!!
In reading the race summary on the site, it turns out the temps topped out at 106-fucking degrees. I guess I'm well prepared for my eternity in hell.
I'm attaching a link that takes you to the race photo they snapped about 5 minutes from the finish line. I probably won't be forking over the dough for it, and there's a good chance the link will disappear in due time, but click right here, yo to witness the face of true exhaustion and elation at the sighting of the finish chutes. The perspective makes it look like I'm walking, but believe me, somehow, from somewhere, when I figured out that I was so close to the finish, I put on full thrusters and was clipping along. Admittedly too, when I saw the race photographer, I dug deep to get a shot of me in full-out racing mode. Naturally, this was thwarted by his camera's perspective. DAMN YOU 3rd DIMENSION!!!
In reading the race summary on the site, it turns out the temps topped out at 106-fucking degrees. I guess I'm well prepared for my eternity in hell.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home