Last afternoon/waaaaay into the wee hours, we hosted 8 wonderful pals for ye olde annual Thanksgiving-stuff-your-face-and-drink-your-liver-away festivities, and it 'twas a grande hit.
Man, I'm running out of extra "E"s writing this way.
How wonderful it is to get a group of friends and loved ones together to celebrate...this...holiday...thing that Americans celebrate. I ate *just* enough (odd for me these, these day - see prior post), drank far too much (not odd - see any prior post); we board-gamed teh he77 out of 5708 Craner Ave, and discussed the finer points of sticking stuff up the olde chocolate barking spider.
(all true)
Tomorrow morning, Dara and I are running trail races in Topanga Canyon; she, a 5k, me, a 15k. Following that, little D has to teach two classes, and I have another 1 1/2 hour training run for for my January ultra marathon to do. I'm really jazzed about this race, for one major reason: Sharing something with my wife.
I've found that the more we share, the closer and closer we get. I imagine it's difficult when you have kids, careers, mortgages, and the like, to remember to do so, but really, it isn't all that difficult, as long as you constantly are communicating (and away of to yourself) who you are.
After that, it's all a pumpkin pie-walk.
So expect a very tired, boring race report this weekend, which will certainly contain my biatching about something or someone. Or some sound or color.
Man, I'm running out of extra "E"s writing this way.
How wonderful it is to get a group of friends and loved ones together to celebrate...this...holiday...thing that Americans celebrate. I ate *just* enough (odd for me these, these day - see prior post), drank far too much (not odd - see any prior post); we board-gamed teh he77 out of 5708 Craner Ave, and discussed the finer points of sticking stuff up the olde chocolate barking spider.
(all true)
Tomorrow morning, Dara and I are running trail races in Topanga Canyon; she, a 5k, me, a 15k. Following that, little D has to teach two classes, and I have another 1 1/2 hour training run for for my January ultra marathon to do. I'm really jazzed about this race, for one major reason: Sharing something with my wife.
I've found that the more we share, the closer and closer we get. I imagine it's difficult when you have kids, careers, mortgages, and the like, to remember to do so, but really, it isn't all that difficult, as long as you constantly are communicating (and away of to yourself) who you are.
After that, it's all a pumpkin pie-walk.
So expect a very tired, boring race report this weekend, which will certainly contain my biatching about something or someone. Or some sound or color.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home