Blah Blah Blog

inane ramblings in order to discover something...or just kill time

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

12/23/06

Here’s a wacky detail about me that you may not know:

I AM POSITIVE THAT I AM GOING TO DIE IN AN AIRLINE DISASTER.

I’m currently 2 vodka-tonics into my “self-medication” prior to my flight to New York City to visit my sister and her partner for Christmas, then on to Montreal for New Year’s, and, seated outside of United gate 72, I am starkly reminded that (as I may have mentioned) I AM GOING TO DIE IN AN AIRLINE DISASTER.

I know, I know, to some, it’s an irrational fear shared by millions of travelers, but they aren’t even remotely as positive as I that I AM GOING TO DIE IN AN AIRLINE DISASTER.

And I’m okay with it, mostly, because I know that I’ll be flying alone, without a friend or loved one going down in a fiery ball of twisted metal and smoke alongside me. The guilt of dragging down someone I care deeply about into a spiraling, screaming, horror-filled death would be overwhelming.

So the clock ticks closer to my boarding time, my 3rd vodka-tonic washes down my clenched throat, and the utmost assurance wells within my heart that I AM GOING TO DIE IN AN AIRLINE DISASTER.

Merry Christmas to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home