Blah Blah Blog

inane ramblings in order to discover something...or just kill time

Friday, March 16, 2007

Today, on my way out for my first mountain biking adventure in La Tuna Canyon, made possible by the near 85 degree temperatures, in March, no less, I was zipping along the freeway, bright beams of sun baking my left arm as the unseasonably hot desert wind dried out my sinuses, when tiny, white flakes began cascading across my windshield. I checked the rearview and confirmed it: Millions of soft flecks of white were whipping across the 4 lane highway.

It was when I looked at the road ahead of me again and saw chunks of styrofoam, probably fallen from a garbage truck up the road, being smashed to bits by oncoming traffic. Everyone around me was smiling.

For a few, glorious moments, it was snowing in Los Angeles.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Renee said…

    Wait. Stop the car. I'll be right there.

    That's a great image!

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey Russ, next time (sundays?) your in LaTuna Canyon give a holler, i ride there all the time.
    Robh

     

Post a Comment

<< Home