Blah Blah Blog

inane ramblings in order to discover something...or just kill time

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

This past weekend carried with it two dramatic endings:

• I sat in the chair for the final inking of my Celtic tattoo, which has taken 2 years to complete, stalled out initially because of my unexpected hospitalization.

• I signed divorce papers with Dara, ending our 11 year marriage.

Both were completions of journeys, each carrying it's own pains, joys, hopes, and fears; each ending terrifying in it's own way, but each singly delivering to me the same message:

You just never know.

We're constantly on the search for solid ground, when in fact, none exists. This instability is what makes life a grand adventure, and the struggle to reach the mountain's peak, as we arrive scraped, cut, exhausted, and bruised, is life itself.

You just never know.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I read this last week and thought, "how lame that he compared getting a tattoo to divorcing his wife of 11 years" and now, 3 days after a totally fucked up weekend and after surprisingly and painfully ending what seemed a still "fresh and new" relationship that lasted just over 1 year with someone that I loved very much, well... all I can say now is "word"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home