Blah Blah Blog

inane ramblings in order to discover something...or just kill time

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

In preparation for this upcoming weekend's 50 mile race, I began the tapering process a couple of weeks ago. This involves significantly decreasing running mileage so as to give your body time to rebuild and recoup after weeks/months of high mileage training. At the peak of my training, I was hitting about 63 - very hilly - miles per week. Beginning Christmas week, I cranked it down to 40, then 32, and now, this week, I'll run about 10 miles before the race.

And I'm going batshit crazy.

This tends to happen during a taper for me: I'm restless, constantly hungry (even though I'm not needing the fuel), so I've put on a pound or two, on edge, and desperately wanting to go out and run for 4 hours in the woods.

Oh, and I give up caffeine the week prior too.

I'm thinking I'm not much fun to be around at the moment.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was drinking my second cup of coffee as I read this.

    FYI.

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Renee said…

    I am so happy you live all the way across our fine United of States. Because you must be worse than a menopausal mom on a grapefruit diet right now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home