Blah Blah Blog

inane ramblings in order to discover something...or just kill time

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

“GOOD”.

By definition: Having the appropriate qualities to be something or to fit a particular purpose.

“Good”: A word used in such catch phrases as, “It’s all good,” or as heard in the coffee jingle, “Good to the last drop, Maxwell House”. Or as, most famously, made eternal in the film title dreamed up by that fat, black kid from Nickelodeon: “Good Burger”.

“Good” describes all that we, as living, functioning, feeling creatures, after searching our truest wants and desires, find to be…

“Meh.” (And then we make that so-so sign with our hand.)

On a tiny corner, inserted in the ultra-hip, urban setting of Silverlake, in the city of LA, this amazingly obtuse adjective, this guardian against any other explorative descriptive, also hangs in advertisement above a restaurant, not as a review of the foodstuffs or services found within, but as the NAME of the place. Seriously. And it’s packed each and every night after 7PM.

So “Good” is the chosen name of your eatery. ‘At’s fine. I guess it wouldn’t be so bizarre, save for the fact that EVERYTHING IN THE DAMNED PLACE IS MERELY “GOOD”: The beer selection, the service, the flavor, the presentation, it’s all...”pretty good”.

I must admit, I’m amused every time I pass the place, as I dream of someday owning an automotive garage called “Looks Okay To Me”, or opening a chain of dry cleaners, “This Is Pretty Clean In This Light!” , or even perhaps dedicating a hospital to “Our Lady of ‘That Should Do It’”.

It is indeed ALL good. Why ask for anything more?

1 Comments:

  • At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I still think "Eh" would be a nice name for a patisserie next door.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home