Just returned from an AWESOME trail run up in Topanga Canyon and munching on a sandwich and chips and maybe even a beer (gasp!). Maybe it was navigating the rough terrain, the clean, smog free, air, or those strange looking mushrooms I picked and ate, but I"m not as down in the dumps as I was this morning about the election.
OH DON'T GET ME WRONG - THIS SUCKS BIG TIME, but I think I've grown out of disbelief and am rambling slowly towards acceptance. Accept it: 59 million people are fucking idiots, accept it: the government presiding over this great land SUCK$, and now, we gotsta do what we can to live our lives, love, and resist the regime. The smart, creative contingence who voted Kerry can't just rest on our laurels. We have to get active.
Dara and I talked for about an hour on this this morning, and I can't say enough how thankful I am to have a spouse who gets it in the same way that I do. In her words before she jumped in her car for work, "If I had to live under an oppressive regime with anyone, I'd want it to be you." Aww. Who says romance is dead?
OH DON'T GET ME WRONG - THIS SUCKS BIG TIME, but I think I've grown out of disbelief and am rambling slowly towards acceptance. Accept it: 59 million people are fucking idiots, accept it: the government presiding over this great land SUCK$, and now, we gotsta do what we can to live our lives, love, and resist the regime. The smart, creative contingence who voted Kerry can't just rest on our laurels. We have to get active.
Dara and I talked for about an hour on this this morning, and I can't say enough how thankful I am to have a spouse who gets it in the same way that I do. In her words before she jumped in her car for work, "If I had to live under an oppressive regime with anyone, I'd want it to be you." Aww. Who says romance is dead?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home