You know, love's pretty damned grand, as the saying doesn't go. This weekend a friend of mine got hitched and for the first time, I was a groomsman! That's right, I got to hang out in the groom's room beforehand and watch my buddy pace and sweat, carry on drunkenly and stupidly at the amazing Ebell in Los Angeles, and dance like a retard to Dixieland and traditional Irish music.
The ceremony itself was all of 10 minutes, officiated by Simpsons writer/comic Dana Gould, and it was touching, true, and outwright hi-rarious. "Marriage is a noun, but it's also a verb, as it is an ongoing process," he said during the vows, and how true it is. You have to embrace the work that it takes to be married, and I really feel as though a lot of people miss that very point: It can exhaust, frustrate, weaken, and sometimes break you, but the results of working at it open up a world of love.
God, I wish Dara was here right now.
The ceremony itself was all of 10 minutes, officiated by Simpsons writer/comic Dana Gould, and it was touching, true, and outwright hi-rarious. "Marriage is a noun, but it's also a verb, as it is an ongoing process," he said during the vows, and how true it is. You have to embrace the work that it takes to be married, and I really feel as though a lot of people miss that very point: It can exhaust, frustrate, weaken, and sometimes break you, but the results of working at it open up a world of love.
God, I wish Dara was here right now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home