Blah Blah Blog

inane ramblings in order to discover something...or just kill time

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

As I exited my local post office today, following the purchase of holiday-themed stamps, I saw a small table set up on the sidewalk with pamphlets on it. Upon examination, I discovered it was anti-Bush/anti-Cheney paraphenalia and began poking around.

A man in his early 50s walked by the table and said to one of the people running it, "The language on that poster is obscene!"

The guy behind the table inquired, "What language?" and the passerby pointed at a poster that said, "The country needs an enema: flush these turds down the drain!"

Okay, not the most clever use of the language, but "obscene"? So I interjected...

"I'm not particularly offended by it."

The guy: "well I AM!"

Said I, "But that doesn't make it 'obscene'. It just means you don't like it, so you have the choice not to read it."

Fucking dumbass The gentleman became irate. "It's filthy language and you know it!"

I calmly put down a pamphlet and stated flatly, "Motherfucking cocksuckers from Mars. Now THAT is obscene."

I wish I'd been able to snap a picture of the look on the guy's face as he scrambled into his SUV, laden with "Support our Troup" magnets, and drove away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home