Blah Blah Blog

inane ramblings in order to discover something...or just kill time

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Below is from the Village Voice today:

"Does anyone else find it eerie that the terrorists who want to bury America shout "God is great!" as they blow up American soldiers in Iraq, and the American president shouts "God is great!" right back at them?"

This put into words what I've been mulling over since 9/11: WHO are the "bad guys", Georgey, you separatist fucko?

My words, as you see, aren't quite as elegant.

When I came in from my morning run yesterday, Dara was at the computer with a web page pulled up that read "Get me outta here!". It's a site that deals with emmigration from the U.S.. Now it's not that we want to run away from the problem, which isn't ever healthy, it's the fear that we won't have the choice to in the very near future, which is even unhealthier. Think Poland 'round 1937; herding up the "heathens" (liberals) and "converting them" (work houses), the biggest problem being that these days, George W. can stand up at a podium, pointing his thumb in that politician-way, and say, "Everyone can choose their own religion - it's what makes America great" and with the other hand sign bills and laws that bend our rights oh so slightly and slowly towards the fanatical religious right.

You know, soon will be gone the days of the liberal outcry of: "I love America, but this isn't what our founding fathers imagined, and I want to return it to that". My fear is that many a person will thumb their nose at this socio-political experiment and take off for greener shores.

Like us.

On my run this morning, a weird little visitor came into my brain: Hope. Foolishly perhaps, I started to wonder *how* conservative GW really is - was it a ploy to win the election? I mean, yes, he's a douchebag, but is said douchebag half empty or half full? Then, lo and behold, I kick-start the old internet this morning to find that Dubs (yeah, we're tight like that) is mulling over legalizing illegal aliens. I imagine there's some sorta subtext to his actions, but in my dying, black little heart, there's that diminutive bitch Hope whispering, "See?"

Let's face it as well: No other president in recent history has had a better chance of legalizing cocaine. At least in D.C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home