Blah Blah Blog

inane ramblings in order to discover something...or just kill time

Monday, December 19, 2005



It's the "I'm not gay, it's an actual beard" Project

Okay, so it's time to face the facts: You aren't a real man until you've grown a beard at least once in your lifetime. From the forest-dense "Orson Wells" to the whispy, psuedo-preteen "Johnny Depp", the ability to grow out a beard is what separates man from beast.

Well, actually, it connects us. Fuck.

Okay, so it separates men from women. Some women. NOT Persian women.

Having never pushed out whiskers beyond a week's worth, I have taken the task upon myself, the challenge, if you will, to NOT SHAVE my face for a month. It will take guts, determination, AND...the task of not shaving. Many of you - like Chicago Cubs fans - hope that I will fail, that I'll crack, that I'll awaken one night to find myself standing at the mirror, lathered, Mach 3 in hand, oh-ho-ho, but I'll show you. I'll show all of you doubtful motherfuckers, that I can manage to NOT SHAVE for 4 weeks.

I figure I'll grow it out until my ultra marathon, january 15th. Then, that day, in true Rocky 4 fashion, I will strip my face of it's whiskers and defeat my opponent! That opponent being me, I guess, since I'm not fighting Dolph Lungren but am running a race.

Okay, so the last time I shaved was Thursday, and here we are on Monday, the above picture taken seconds ago.

Wish me luck, and God bless the United Stated of America.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oddly, I've been having this same urge (to grow a beard... not the gay thing). Perhaps I will join you in your quest... a sort of sloth brethren! Solidarity brother.

    Being a lazy fucker anyway, I didn't shave this morning and my stubble is about where yours is currently. I'd say maybe a day or so past George Michaels (eg. gay date night stubble).

    It shouldn't be too bad. 4 weeks isn't even enough time to get to Grizzly Adams, let alone a ZZ Top or an upside down Michael Landon.

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    russ, your mother and I are worried about you...

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We both have our little goals for this month don't we. Have you noticed neither take that much effort?
    Damn we're lazy.

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger rustyboy said…

    No lie. Between your vow to listen to nothing but Christmas music, and mine to not shave, well we've accomplished...uhhhh...

    Merry Christmas!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home