Project Beard Update:
mission failed
I broke down the other morning. Go ahead. Call me a pussy. Tell me I have no guts. Remind me that I failed senior year English and still managed to graduate, but I couldn't take it any more: The itchiness. That, and when I looked in the mirror, I felt like giving myself spare change to buy a cup of joe.
Okay, so I decided to give up something even more vitally important until race day: Manscaping. I figure the wind-resistance caused by my superfluous body hair will give me some extra "drag" during training, so that when I strip it away for the race, I'll fly like a hairless cheetah.
And, in closing, I'll relate a conversation my wife, her father, and I had over Christmas while he visited from Nashville. Keep in mind, he is 81 years old, so his hearing isn't all there:
Dara: "Dad, did (relative's name) have a poodle?"
Dad: "Wha?"
Dara: "A poodle? Did (relative's name) own a POODLE?!"
Dad: " 'Google'?"
Dara: "NO - POODLE!? DID SHE HAVE A DOG?"
Dad: (looks at me) "DOS?"
Me: "NO: DOG!"
Dad: "Can Google run on DOS?"
Me: (pants like a dog) "DOG!!!!!!"
Dad: "Wha?"
This went on for about 3 minutes, and I don't believe we ever did get an answer. Although, I'm fairly certain that you cannot run google on DOS.
mission failed
I broke down the other morning. Go ahead. Call me a pussy. Tell me I have no guts. Remind me that I failed senior year English and still managed to graduate, but I couldn't take it any more: The itchiness. That, and when I looked in the mirror, I felt like giving myself spare change to buy a cup of joe.
Okay, so I decided to give up something even more vitally important until race day: Manscaping. I figure the wind-resistance caused by my superfluous body hair will give me some extra "drag" during training, so that when I strip it away for the race, I'll fly like a hairless cheetah.
And, in closing, I'll relate a conversation my wife, her father, and I had over Christmas while he visited from Nashville. Keep in mind, he is 81 years old, so his hearing isn't all there:
Dara: "Dad, did (relative's name) have a poodle?"
Dad: "Wha?"
Dara: "A poodle? Did (relative's name) own a POODLE?!"
Dad: " 'Google'?"
Dara: "NO - POODLE!? DID SHE HAVE A DOG?"
Dad: (looks at me) "DOS?"
Me: "NO: DOG!"
Dad: "Can Google run on DOS?"
Me: (pants like a dog) "DOG!!!!!!"
Dad: "Wha?"
This went on for about 3 minutes, and I don't believe we ever did get an answer. Although, I'm fairly certain that you cannot run google on DOS.

2 Comments:
At 9:43 AM,
Anonymous said…
Pussy.
At 11:52 PM,
Anonymous said…
and you're out.
i was out of my music thing as soon as i landed in quebec.
quebecois xmas music isn't as christmasy as you'd think.
Post a Comment
<< Home